Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/St. Augustine Beach understands the stress and worry that comes with fire damage and the disruption it causes your life and home or business. SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/St. Augustine Beach specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage. After the fire department leaves, call SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/St. Augustine Beach and we will be on the case making sure you are another happy customer.
Damaged in the fire, don't tear it down, call SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/St. Augustine Beach so we can make it "Like it never even happened."
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (904) 429-4457
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.