Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Got water damage?
- Act fast, Call SERVPRO now!
- Try to stop the water source whether that be a cutoff or a leak in the roof.
- Keep your distance from electrical outlets and electric devices near the affected area.
- Try best to move any Items from the affected area as soon as possible.
Keep calm because a SERVPRO tech will be there in no time! Water damage can be a scary thing but it's huge to stay calm and try to maintain the situation while we are on the way. If you don't feel comfortable tackling those few tips, that's alright we will handle it upon arrival.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (904) 429-4457
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.