What Is Black Mold?
You may have seen sensationalized news reports that warn you about the dangers of "black mold" or "toxic mold". These reports can be alarming and confusing so it is beneficial to get the facts to better understand mold.
Stachybotrys chartarum is the type of mold that is often called black mold, and it does produce allergens and irritants. However, many types of mold can also produce allergens and irritants. Treat any mold with caution- stay out of affected areas and do not touch or disturb the mold.
If you believe you have "black mold" or mold growth in general, let the professionals at SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach do a free assessment on your home or property.
Call us at 904-429-4457 to schedule your free assessment and discuss remediation services!
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (904) 429-4457
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- St. Augustine
- St Augustine Beach
- Vilano Beach
- Crescent Beach
- Fort Matanzas
- Casa Cola