Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Did you know that mold thrives in warm, wet climates? That means that in St. Augustine, being in the sunny state of Florida, it is especially important to address any mold issues ASAP before they get out of hand. SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (904) 429-4457
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- St. Augustine
- St Augustine Beach
- Vilano Beach
- Crescent Beach
- Fort Matanzas
- Casa Cola