Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can become a problem in any property but, here in St. Augustine mold might grow at a faster-than-normal rate because of the humid weather and the hot rain we get. This also plays a factor in water damage because if water damage isn't handled properly then you could have a serious mold problem on your hands. It's best to contact SERVPRO as soon as possible with mold spreading rapidly in just 48 hours. Well, SERVPRO can get to you as soon as you call us being that we operate 24/7 and specialize in mold remediation.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (904) 429-4457
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, S. Nocatee and World Golf Village for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, S. Nocatee and World Golf Village has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- St. Augustine
- St Augustine Beach
- Vilano Beach
- Crescent Beach
- Fort Matanzas
- Casa Cola