“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Many restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy. At SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach, we not only understand mold and mold growth, but we have the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your St. Augustine or St. Augustine Beach home or business.
We have been serving St. Johns and surrounding areas since 2015 with emergency cleansing services, mold mitigation, fire damage restoration, and water damage restoration. We answer our phones 24/7/365 for emergencies as well as offer free estimates, call our office at 904-429-4457 and we'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (904) 429-4457
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (904) 429-4457
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1960 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: