Disaster Planning: Tax Free Disaster Supplies
As hurricane season quickly approaches, the official start date being Tuesday, June 1st now is the time to start preparing if you have not already done so.
If you are one of the many St. Augustine Florida residents that are preparing for the season, you can save this weekend by not paying sales tax on many items that are part of a hurricane preparedness kit from Friday, May 28th- June 6th.
St. Johns county shoppers will be excluded from paying sales tax on qualifying items such as:
- Reusable icepacks ($20 or less)
Any portable, self-powered light source ($40 or less)
- Batteries, including rechargeable batteries (excluding automobile and boat batters, listed sizes only)
- Coolers, ice chests & portable power banks (selling for $60 or less)
- Selling for $100 or less
- Bungee cords
- Ground anchor systems
- Ratchet straps
- Tie-down kits
- Visqueen, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths & other flexible waterproof sheeting
- Portable generators to provide light, communications & preserve food in the event of a power outage (selling for $1,000 or less)
For a complete list of items exempt from sales tax, click here.
If a hurricane does strike, SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach is here to help. We have been providing restoration services to homeowners and businesses throughout St. Augustine, FL since 2015. Our IICRC certified team can restore damage from fire, water, and mold.
Call us today at 904-429-4457 for more information or to schedule a free estimate!