It is Hurricane Season; are you prepared?
We are in the height of Hurricane Season. It is imperative that everyone in the community has a fully comprehensive evacuation plan in place.
Things to consider
- Do you have any/all materials to board up your home and/or business?
- Where will you go when you evacuate?
- How many days/hours before the storm hits will you leave?
- How long will you stay in your evacuation destination after the storm ends?
- Do you know how to turn off gas lines and water supply to your house?
- Do you have a back stock of nonperishable foods, incase you come home to a house with no power?
- Do you have batteries for flashlights?
- Do you have extra gas cans filled for your vehicle, in case the gas stations are unable to open to due to damage from the storm?
- Have you properly stored or preserved your precious items; such as photos and documents?
These are just a few things to consider to prepare for the storm. During hurricane Matthew, we saw the great city of St. Augustine band together to help those in need. Let SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/St. Augustine Beach help you prepare before the storm comes. Get a head start today by calling us for information on free Emergency Ready Programs for any business or residence in North East Florida or St. Johns County. (904-429-4457)