Recent Unknown Posts
Do You Need Continuing Education Credits?
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach hosts a Free Continuing Education Class for Insurance Agents/ Adjusters
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach and South Fleming Island/ North Bradford County is hosting a completely free Continuing Education Class for insurance agents and adjusters on November 18, 2021. We will also be serving complimentary lunch after the classes - so not only is the course free, but also the food!
There will be two classes that are each two hours long: Restorative Drying for Water Damage; and Cleaning & Restoring Smoke-Damaged Contents. Since class is four hours long, attendees will receive 4 credits total!
These classes are approved by the Florida Department of Financial Services for insurance continuing education credits.
Registration starts at 8:30am, and the first class starts at 9:00am and runs until 11:00am. We will have a fifteen minute break in between the two classes, and the second class will go from 11:15am-1:15pm. After class we will serve a free lunch.
The class will be held at Office Evolution located at 12574 Flagler Center Blvd, Suite 101. Jacksonville, FL. 32258.
So if you are an insurance agent or adjuster in need of Continuing Education Credits, these free classes are for you! We hope to see you and your office there!
Extreme Heat Safety
Did you know: that over the past 30 years, extreme heat has led to more deaths in the United States than other extreme weather events, like hurricanes and floods?
St. Augustine residents are no strangers to the heat that Florida summers bring, but other than the discomfort that comes along with high temperatures, we often forget about the side effects heat can have on our bodies. Heat affects all people, but especially the young, elderly, and sick. As Florida residents, we have a greater chance of being affected due to the high temperatures and humidity. Follow the tips below to protect yourself and your family from the high temperatures:
Prepare Yourself Before Going Outside
- Wear loose-fitting, light-colored clothing
- Be sure to apply sunscreen
- Stay hydrated even if you are not thirsty and limit alcohol and caffeine intake on those days.
- Be aware and pay attention to signs of Heat exhaustion
- Keep strenuous activity to a minimum during the hottest parts of the day (11 am-2 pm) and use a buddy system!
- If you must go outdoors, wait until temperatures cool down or stay in a shaded area if at all possible
- Get trained in first aid to learn how to treat heat-related emergencies
- Call 911 if you see someone suffering from a heat emergency!
At SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach, we specialize in fire and water restoration and mold remediation. Our highly trained technicians use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your home quickly and safely. We have been serving the residents of St. Augustine and surrounding St. Johns county since 2015. To schedule, a free estimate call us at 904-429-4457!
The Most Magical Place on Earth: The SERVPRO 2021 Convention
Our SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine Team had a blast at this year's convention and is so excited about the future of our brand!
The SERVPRO Annual Convention is where the magic happens and last week SERVPRO franchises from all over the county were able to come together to celebrate the accomplishments that our brand has seen so far coming off of an unprecedented year, continue our education, and get a sneak peek at what is to come. We may be biased- but that sounds like the most magical place on earth right? So it's only fitting that this year's hybrid convention was held at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, adding to that magic!
The annual convention is an incredible experience where we got the opportunity to spend time with SERVPRO families from across the nation, many of which who we have not been able to see face-to-face for almost 19 months! On top of getting to learn from and reconnect with each other, we got the opportunity to sit in on workshops and trade shows to expand our knowledge of the brand and get excited about what is to come!
At SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach, we are always here to help and make it "Like it never even happened." That being said, we could not be more excited about the future and what is next for the SERVPRO brand to better help us serve our customers from day to day!
Summer Grill Safety
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach offers tips and steps to keep you, your family, and your home safe during summer cookouts!
As the summer season approaches, it is important to note that the number of grill-related fires will begin to increase, peaking in July. Charcoal and gas grill barbeques are involved in more than 5,000 fires each year. To go along with that, grilling accidents resulted in almost 20,000 trips to the hospital annually.
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach is here to provide some steps and tips that families can use to protect their homes from fire damage and family from injuries. All while still enjoying a cookout and the home grilling that we all love!
- Clean the grill racks and grease trays. When using a gas grill, check the gas tank hose for leaks.
- When setting up your grill, choose a firm, level spot that is safe and far enough away from your home, coolers, children, pets, and guests.
- Always grill outside, never in your garage or near low-hanging trees and branches.
- Be sure to prepare the grill carefully. When using a charcoal grill, use a charcoal chimney with newspaper, charcoal starter fluid, or an electric charcoal starter.
- For gas grills- open the lid before turning the grill on. If you smell gas after the grill is lit, do not try to move it, get away from the grill and call the fire department.
- Establish a safe zone. Keep children and pets at least 3 feet away from the grill while you are cooking, as well as after you serve the food due to the fact that grill surfaces may remain hot for an hour or more.
- Use clean, long-handled grill utensils that are in good condition. Avoid wearing loose-fitting, hanging clothing, and always wear flame-retardant mitts.
- Be sure to keep the flame under control, manage flareups by adjusting the grill height, spreading out the coals, or using the grill controls.
- Keep baking soda within reach in case of grease fires. Also, have a fire extinguisher nearby and watch for blowing embers.
- When you are done grilling, never attempt to move a hot grill.
Homefires can be devastating both finically and emotionally, especially due to the fact that smoke and water damage from putting out the fire, often amplify the destruction to both the structure and the contents.
At SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach, we are highly trained professionals that will help you recover from devastating fire & water damage if you do suffer a structure fire, but we believe that prevention is better than a cure. However, we know that accidents happen. That is why our team is ready to respond to your emergency 24/7/365!
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach specializes in water and fire damage clean-up and restoration services for both residential and commercial customers. For more information or to schedule a free estimate, call our office at 904-429-4457!
Disaster Planning: Tax Free Disaster Supplies
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach is here to help you plan so you can be better prepared if disaster does strike!
As hurricane season quickly approaches, the official start date being Tuesday, June 1st now is the time to start preparing if you have not already done so.
If you are one of the many St. Augustine Florida residents that are preparing for the season, you can save this weekend by not paying sales tax on many items that are part of a hurricane preparedness kit from Friday, May 28th- June 6th.
St. Johns county shoppers will be excluded from paying sales tax on qualifying items such as:
- Reusable icepacks ($20 or less)
Any portable, self-powered light source ($40 or less)
- Batteries, including rechargeable batteries (excluding automobile and boat batters, listed sizes only)
- Coolers, ice chests & portable power banks (selling for $60 or less)
- Selling for $100 or less
- Bungee cords
- Ground anchor systems
- Ratchet straps
- Tie-down kits
- Visqueen, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths & other flexible waterproof sheeting
- Portable generators to provide light, communications & preserve food in the event of a power outage (selling for $1,000 or less)
For a complete list of items exempt from sales tax, click here.
If a hurricane does strike, SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine/ St. Augustine Beach is here to help. We have been providing restoration services to homeowners and businesses throughout St. Augustine, FL since 2015. Our IICRC certified team can restore damage from fire, water, and mold.
Call us today at 904-429-4457 for more information or to schedule a free estimate!